KitchenAid fridge resets

dg110270

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIS29PBMS
Brand
KitchenAid
Motors in my fridge are running all the time. About every hour I hear a chime and notice the panel lights go from off to on. It's like it resets itself. The lights will go off on their own and then it happens again. This started happening after a split second power failure to our entire home. I unplugged the fridge and let it sit for 5 minutes and then turned it back on but that did not help. What should I do?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Is it still cooling normally?

Try this: Unplug the refrigerator, wait 5 seconds. Plug in the refrigerator, and wait 30 seconds before opening any of the refrigerator doors or touching the control panel.

Jake

dg110270

Premium Member
It's still cooling and making ice fine. All the motor noises stopped a few minutes ago so I won't touch anything for an hour or so. This happened once before after a power flicker. Why does it do that?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Why does it do that?
Its likely due to the fact this model is electronically controlled by control boards, where as the older models did not have any control boards as they were mechanical switches that operated them.

Jake

dg110270

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. I figured the electronics must be confused or damaged. Since the reboot did not help and it is now Monday I'll call a service man.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree that's the best thing to do, I haven't worked on this model as of yet or I could be more help.:)

Jake