• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Gas Range KSGB900ESS1 - F8E0 upper blower code

rocappella

Premium Member
Model Number
KSGB900ESS1
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi--I have model KSGB900ESS1 of the Gas Kitchen Aid range, and have the upper blower code (F8E0) that happens every few weeks and when the oven turns off, I wait a few minutes and try again and it works. I looked at the Whirpool threads that have the same code and everyone seems to have a bit of a different fix (re-seat the padding, cleaning the accumulated cooking grease, re-greasing with WD40, removing the gold washer, etc.). I have done and successfully completed 1 other repair on our kitchen aid freezer and am wondering the best set of steps, based on the other threads, to try. I have no problem taking the covers and cooktops off, but also don't know how to do things like "clean the fan" or even how to test the fan speed...sorry to be such a noob but I just don't know what to try first.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Disconnect control board connector P5 and check the fan motor for 105Ω resistance between P5-1 and P6-3. If the motor test is not good, replace motor. If motor tests good, check the Hall Sensor by removing the control board P7 connector and testing for 5 VDC between P7-7 and P7-1