Kitchenaid KBLS22ETSS00 Refrigerator temperature-controlled drawer

suzafone

Model Number
KBLS22ETSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I just pulled out the temperature-controlled drawer for the first time & read in the "to replace the drawer" instructions to "push the metal glide rails to the rear of the refrig". There are no metal glides that I can see. Everything's plastic. And, shouldn't there be some kind of catch that will prevent the drawer from opening all the way? Mine slides right out, no tilting, & could easily let items fall out as the drawer is pulled out. I tried posting this on Kitchenaid's website and they say this is not a valid model number, even though it's exactly what shows on the inside of the refrigerator (I've tried the 00 as a number and as a capital "a" and neither worked). Because it's supposedly not a valid model number, the request for help will not go through.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That's a valid model number as far as I can tell.
suzafone said:
"to replace the drawer" instructions to "push the metal glide rails to the rear of the refrig"
That's for the freezer drawer. The slide rails have the stop in them. Is that the one you want to remove? If not take a picture and post it here.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Page 19 owners manual:

Style 1 - Flat-lid Drawer
To remove the drawer:
1. Pull the drawer out to its full extension.
2. Tilt up the front of the drawer and pull it straight out.
To replace the drawer:
1. Push the metal glide rails to the rear of the refrigerator.
2. Place the drawer onto the glide rails and slide the drawer toward the rear of the refrigerator.

Style 2 - Lift-up-lid Drawer
To remove the drawer:
1. Lift the lid. Pull the drawer out to its full extension.
2. Tilt up the front of the drawer and pull it straight out.
To replace the drawer:
1. Push the metal glide rails to the rear of the refrigerator.
2. Place the drawer onto the glide rails and slide the drawer toward the rear of the refrigerator.