• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KDTE334GPS0 Dishwasher runs about 5 minutes.

Drapsag

Premium Member
Model Number
KDTE334GPS
Brand
KitchenAid
Dishwasher runs about 5 minutes.

Cycle starts, water is added, wash pump engages and spins blades, cycle stops, drain pump turns on and empties dishwasher, then turns off.

I'm baffled because both pumps are working, water valve works.

I've tried unplugging it for an hour, resetting the control panel, and ran a diagnostic test. After diag test dishwasher Clean light blinks four times. But that's confusing because the wash pump does engage (for a few minutes) after filling.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like OWI sensor:

Disconnect power to the dishwasher, then open the control panel and--->Measure NTC resistance at P12-1 and P12-3 with connector disconnected from control board.

Normal ohms would be 46KΩ - 52KΩ at 77°F (25°C).

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Jake

Attachments

• W10914074-reva.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 40

Drapsag

Premium Member
I'm getting 59k ohms @70 degrees. Power off, yellow wires detached and wires #1 and 3.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What about at 77 degrees?

Your in Texas, it should be 77 degrees somewhere. LOL

I lived in Corpus for 6 years and it was always above 77 degrees there at all times.:)

Jake

Drapsag

Premium Member
The house temperature is set on 70. But the ohms should be lower than the tech sheet with a lower temperature ? Do you think the sensor is the issue ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't have the thermistor chart to compare 70 degrees to the ohm reading, if you do and its in-range, then it should be fine.

So now, what I would do is remove the OWI sensor and clean the lens on it, another member did that and it fixed this problem. Turn the breaker to your dishwasher off first before removing it and cleaning it.

Jake