• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KEBC208KSS0 Oven - Cannot set oven to temperature other than default

Jon K

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBC208KSS0
Brand
KitchenAid
My oven turns on and starts at default temperature when press "Upper Oven"+"Start", "Lower Oven"+"Start", "Bake"+"Start", "Broil"+"Start", etc. But if press "Upper/Lower Oven" and set a temperature on the numeric keypad, the "Start" button will not operate. Error code E1 F2 will appear after a minute or so. All numeric pad digits operate correctly when setting Clock and Timer. I've had the control board rebuilt but same symptoms as before.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
F2 E1 is the keypad keytail is not connected. Disconnect and reseat the keytail on the control. When you replaced the control did you program the cavity size?

Jon K

Premium Member
Hi Rick, thanks for the reply. The original control board was repaired by fixyourboard.com and sent back to me. They said they replaced the power supply circuit, reflowed some cracked solder joints, and tested the board (passed), but is otherwise unchanged. I did not program the cavity size. I have carefully reseated the keypad cable multiple times so don't believe that is the issue. The behavior is the same as before I sent the board in for repair -- the oven works but only if the keypad is not used and the oven started at the default 350 for bake and 500 for broil. I am wondering if there is some circuit or sensor that is only set if a temperature is entered on the keypad. Appreciate whatever insights or suggestions you can provide.

rickgburton

Staff member
Let's start here and go from there.

When you replace the electronic control, be sure to program the cavity size within 60 seconds of power up. Remove power from the machine for longer than 120 seconds. Restore power. Within 60 seconds press the following keys:

BAKE (upper half of BAKE key), CONVECTION BROIL (lower half of BROIL key), STOP TIME, CONV FULL MEAL, digit #7, digit #9, TIMER SET/START, START.

Size is shown in display - “ID 24”. Press CLOCK SET/START until correct size is displayed. Press CANCEL key (do not press the OVEN START key). Press and hold “1” key for 5 seconds to verify programming.

Jon K

Premium Member
As I am entering the keys, there are various lights turning on and finally a vertical hashed bar that seems to be counting down. It appears the oven might be looking for a probe. The sequence ends with a display of "E1" on the left side and "Start?". When I retry, I get an E1 F2 at the end of the sequence, though 60 sec may have elapsed by then. I tried this twice with same result.
When I press and hold the "1" key, the clock displays ' Id=30" '. The oven itself is 30" wide and the interior cavity 24".

Jon K

Premium Member
No, I only see the Id number after I press and hold "1" and cannot change it. I tried powering off/on again and this time no "E1". At the end of the sequence and hashed bar countdown it displayed "Door locked" and "Start?". Repeated power off/on and key sequence with same result.

rickgburton

Staff member