Kitchenaid KEMS309BSS00 Oven/Microwave Combo has DEAD display Panel

cfowler

Premium Member
Model Number
KEMS309BSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello all, the touch display panel went dead on this unit and I checked the breaker and measure input voltage at the junction box just before the unit, all good. My next thought was to order a replacement panel but of course, it arrived damaged. Just wondering if anyone has a lot of experience with this symptom. Should I go ahead and order another display panel?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Chris-

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Chris,

I don't have the tech. data sheet for this model, I will ask bigbuck if he has it.

While we are waiting for it we need your complete model number.

It should be one of these two below:

KEMS309BSS00
KEMS309BSS01

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Chris we still need your complete model number before you order parts, without the correct model number you can get a wrong part number.

Which one is yours?
KEMS309BSS00
KEMS309BSS01

What part did you order?

Jake

cfowler

Premium Member
KEMS309BSS00
the diagnosis guide suggests changing the panel transformer out first which is on backorder EVERYWHERE but the local tech suggests that almost always this issue is caused by the thermal fuse. He'll have one for me on Thursday. If it'd the transformer I'm going to be hooped. I searched everywhere. Ordered one from another parts supplier but they had to cancel due to improper inventories on their site.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

cfowler

Premium Member
For the life of me, I cannot locate this fuse. I can located one large bus style fuse on the side and one very small bus fuse up top but not this thermal fuse. So strange.

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Found this! Behind the control panel, you have a thermal fuse that shuts down the user interface when its blown. Remove the front user interface and you will find the fuse right in front going to the control board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

cfowler

Premium Member
I've checked the 250v bus fuse and the small bus fuse, both are fine. Still can't find the skinny thermal fuse anywhere

cfowler

Premium Member
Is this it?! It's not the style or part number that is suggested in the manual. And this fuse, along with all other fuses I have tested on the unit are fine. I'm concluding that this POS oven does not have the skinny thermal fuse. It must be a bad board or transformer.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, none of those are it.

Look inside the wire harness in the front control panel, it maybe there.

Take a photo of the control panel wire harness.

Jake

cfowler

Premium Member
Here are the harnesses that plug Into the display. Zero fuses at harness or inline. Also, nothing on the other side of the transformer for fuses. I'm completely stumped how they say that this fuse is here.

Attachments