• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid KESS907SSS00 electric range not heating up

kurok1591

Premium Member
Model Number
KESS907SSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all,

My range started having a problem lately where the light inside range would be on all the time and it would not start heating oven. At first I thought it was touch panel WP9761566 but now think against it because it works to perform other functions and it does show that its oven is on but the heating element doesnt turn on. The fact that the light stays on I figured it has to do with dock lock mechanism WP9760889. I've checked it and it doesnt seem to push the lock mechanism counter clock wise and gets stuck before it goes under lever sensor which I assume sends command that door is closed and to turn off the light. I've taken door lock assembly out and still had it connected to wires but lock mechanism is not connected to the door. This causes light to stay on all the time but the oven heating element heats up.

With this information I am under assumption that Touch Panel WP9761566 is OK and sending command to Control Panel W10181439 which activates heating element of the oven. Has anyone ever seen something similar and can confirm that this is caused by door lock mechanism?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'll need to try and locate the tech sheet and wiring diagram for that model. sb

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

While your waiting for Rick, why don't you run the diagnostics mode to recall the last error code, it tells you how on the 1st page of your tech. data sheet.

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
Thanks bb, Jake!
All the circuits seem to go through the appliance manager but I think Jake is right. First check for error codes. Then we will go from there.

kurok1591

Premium Member
Thanks BB, Jake & Rick.

There are no error messages when everything is connected. I only saw error message when door lock assembly was disconnected.

I don't have a tech sheet included in my manual and I've found a video on YT that shows technician taking tech sheet from inside of control panel (after its open). I opened mine again and I do not see any tech sheets inside. I'm trying to find how to get into diagnostic mode but so far no results are found on Google that work. I found some instructions but they dont seem to work. I will try to figure out how to get to diagnostic mode and see what error codes will be listed there. I'll reply back soon.

Have a great weekend!

kurok1591

Premium Member
Hi guys,

Once again thanks for your help, greatly appreciated. As I stated before I typically do not see any errors on the screen, only if I disconnect door lock assembly.

I followed steps to get into diagnostics and this is what I see - 0001, it doesnt show me any E or F codes.

Attachments

rickgburton

Staff member