• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KFIS29BBMS02: Sabbath Mode misbehaves, shuts down compressor and fan

JBZG

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIS29BBMS02
Brand
KitchenAid
We chose this model because of the Sabbath Mode feature (which, in case you unintentionally get into that mode, is toggled On or OFF by pressing Light & Options together for 3 seconds).

We use it each week, since we bought the unit. Until recently, no problems.

The past few weekends, apparently setting Sabbath Mode ON resulted in 25 hours of defrost -- we got water on the floor from melting of the accumulated ice-cubes in the ice-maker bucket; and ice-cream in the freezer went soft. Once we toggle the mode OFF, it returns to normal operation, and a cup of water placed in the freezer compartment gets frozen overnight. So it's the logic board's operation when in Sabbath Mode that is faulty; the compressor and fan(s) are fine.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

There is a service bulletin involved with this problem on your model. There have been some problems with the deli display U/I(user interface) control shorting out and causing this problem your having now.

Erratic dispenser and/or ice maker operation
Deli Control display changes
Door ajar light and/or beep won’t turn off
Erratic User Interface operation

--->What we do first to confirm if that's the problem is to disconnect that deli display U/I control board and then see if the Sabbath Mode feature starts working fine again.

Pages 59 and 60 in this service book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L0agZKw9MnwG_p_a9kCFnhvK0kqoncF5/view?usp=sharing Tells you how to access it to disconnect it.

Here it is for your model: WPW10732682

Let us know if that fixes it once you disconnect it. Unplug your refrigerator first before disconnecting it.

Jake

JBZG

Premium Member
Jake --

Thanks for the advice. I unplugged the unit for a few minutes, and now it behaves properly. Apparently the instability manifests itself only after a long period continuously plugged in.
But it is still under a warranty (one more month), and I would like to file a claim. Can you provide a link to the service bulletin you cited? Is there an upgrade to one or the other logic board to correct the problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I'm attaching it below.

The new deli display U/I control board does come already upgraded when you order it.

Jake

Attachments

• Service Pointer - W10666199 (Erratic Dispenser).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 112