• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KGSS907SSS02 Loses Power After Oven Ignition Click

Jinchu

Premium Member
Model Number
KGSS907SSS02
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,
I've had success posting here in the past (the new automatic ice tray is still working great) so here we go again. My KitchenAid stove appeared to die a while back. Obviously the gas ranges are still working fine when we light them ourselves, but the oven component and ignition switches are fully dead. The digital read out is completely disabled.

That said, I had to move the oven for something that rolled under it and decided I'd give it another power cycle to see what would happen. The oven is now operational in the sense that the digital read out is on and the range will self light. Through some trial and error I've come to the conclusion that the oven igniter is what will trigger a power outage on the unit. Specifically if you open the door while it is still in the "clicking" phase. I have some thoughts as to what this could be, but curious if this truly pinpoints something specific that I could service myself. Thank you ahead of time for any assistance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching the tech data sheet below.

On Page 4 get into the diagnostics and check for any FAILURE/ERROR DISPLAY CODES first.

Jake

Attachments

• techsheet-w10112145-reva.pdf
    199.9 KB · Views: 30

Jinchu

Premium Member
Thank you for your assistance with this. When I follow the guide. I receive this information:

STATUS L/D MOD ID 0101
75*F --- --- 073
AM16 UI15 EEKGO-245

If I then hit 3 to display error codes I receive:

ERROR CODE F2E1
Stuck/Shorted Key

Steps I've taken:
I disconnected the power, slightly heated the panel with some warm air and gently pressed each button a few times, reconnected, did diagnostic. The error remains, but all keys appear to function? I've not yet tried running the oven again as I'm curious if there are any other suggested steps.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very stange, I don't know why you got that error when your keypad is working fine.

Does the BROIL still work fine in your oven?

So are you hearing clicks when you first start bake BUT don't actually see the oven igniter sparking?

You will need to take the bottom metal oven panel out(has 2 screws remove them from the inside back of your oven) to look and see if the oven igniter is sparking while it clicks.

If you do see it sparking, Unplug the range first! Then Remove the bake burner assembly and where the igniter sparks you'll see small port holes. Take a wire brush and clean the burner assembly. Be sure to get the small port holes next to the igniter.

Also check the rest of the small port holes on the oven bake burner assembly, lots of the small port holes may be partially clogged/gunked up.

Here's the oven parts diagram for your model: Parts for KitchenAid KGSS907SSS02: Internal Oven Parts

Unplug or turn the breaker off to your range first.

To get access to the oven bake burner assembly: Remove #1 called the flame shield(burner baffle) by removing the #4 screws, then the oven burner assembly is #10, the bake igniter is #9.

This model also has a central control board(appliance manager).

Here's the central control board(appliance manager) for your model:
WP9762774 Cntrl-Elec

You can use a multimeter to measure between Red/White (#6) wire and the White (#4) wire on the spark module when set to bake. You should have 110-120 VAC. Then check broil the same way only measure between BU/W (#7) and W.

Make sure the wire between the igniter and the spark module is not pinched or broken and make sure the connections are tight.

Here's the spark module for your model:
WPW10331686 Spark Module

Jake

Jinchu

Premium Member
I just did some tests. The oven works, the broiler works. It still shows the codes mentioned above in the error screen, however. The power is staying on currently, but I haven't touched it in a day since it came back. The reason for my original post was that it would lose all power when sparking the oven compartment. After being off for about 2 weeks I had to move the oven for another reason, which prompted me to try power cycling it again, which brought it back to life.

At this point do you think I can leave it and hope for the best or should I keep trying to figure out the "stuck key" that doesn't appear to be stuck? I'm at a loss currently. Thank you for all your assistance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
At this point do you think I can leave it and hope for the best or should I keep trying to figure out the "stuck key" that doesn't appear to be stuck? I'm at a loss currently.
Yes, hopefully!

If all the touchpad keys are working fine, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Jake

Jinchu

Premium Member
Jake, thanks for all your help here. I appreciate it. For now I'm going to see what happens.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.