• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KRFC704FPS04 Ice Dispenser Randomly turns on and dispenses ice all over the floor, now it is stuck "ON"

Frank P.

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFC704FPS04
Brand
KitchenAid
This refrigerator is less than two years old and in the past three months the ice maker will just start dispensing ice. Tonight it did the same thing but did not shut off. I unplugged the unit, waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in and that stopped the dispensing. However after a few minutes the motor turned on again to the dispenser. I have shut off the switch to the ice maker and removed the hopper/auger unit. This stopped the motor to the dispenser from running but now we cannot use the ice maker until it gets fixed. Another situation that has happened since I've owned this is after dispensing ice, approximately 15-25 seconds after dispensing, the unit will turn on and dispense a few ice cubes spraying them onto the floor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

You need the service kit to fix it but it is on back-order everywhere:

Check this out:

Jake

Frank P.

Premium Member
Thanks so much for the update. I'm guessing this back ordered board is the cause of the multiple ice maker issues? Is it worth even searching for the board online or do I go through KitchenAid and follow their protocal?

Frank

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm guessing this back ordered board is the cause of the multiple ice maker issues?
Yes Frank.

Is it worth even searching for the board online or do I go through KitchenAid and follow their protocal?
Per that other thread, its no where to be found period.

So I'd contact the Whirlpool Corporate office and let them know: http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/contact/

NORTH AMERICA
North America Customer Experience Phone 1-866-698-2538 Email: whirlpool_customerexperience@whirlpool.com

Jake