• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KRMF606ESS01 - No LED lights

sleepy-_-

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF606ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
First of all, Hi everyone! First Post!

Having an issue with my fridge. There's no LED lighting are working at all in the freezer or cooler. Is it true that if one light is out, then all of them will be off? Is there a way to test each LED module so I know which one to replace? Can I just push 12vdc and they light up? I metered all the door switches and they're all fine. Any troubleshooting tips would be great 🙏

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, Per the tech data sheet--->The freezer LED is the first in series with the refrigerator section LED's.
Replace the freezer LED module and the rest of the lights in the refrigerator should go back to normal as well. This happened to me on a local service call in Parker, Arizona and the new Freezer LED module fixed it all.

Here's the freezer LED module for model number you can order:
Light Assembly W11205083

Video Included in part link.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

sleepy-_-

Premium Member
So, this just happened. I took out the freezer light and the harness all came off and there's absolutely no slack on these wires. I will try to repair the harness, but do you know which one is positive and negative? I have a RED and a BLUE (or GREEN?) wire. Thanks for your help.
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Red is + and connects to the anode of the first LED in the series and the light blue connects to the cathode of the last LED in the series.