• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KRMF706EBS No Cooling, No Internal Lights, Clicking Sound From Back (Relay?)

shwah00

Model Number
KRMF706EBS
Brand
KitchenAid
Greetings,

I am trying to track down the root cause of an issue I am having with my KitchenAid KRMF706EBS refrigerator. About 6 months ago when opening the fridge all the internal lights and external panel were off and a clicking noise (sounded like a relay) coming from the back, upper left side of the fridge (as viewed from the front). I turn off the breaker at my electrical panel for 5 minutes, turned the breaker back on and the fridge power up normally and started cooling again. Fridge worked well for 2 months until this happened again, repeated process and everything was fine until recently. Fridge again worked for 3 months, we were on vacation and arrived home to find the fridge in the failed state water from all the ice melting and rotten food. After cleaning up and leaving the breaker off it came to life and started cooling again.

After doing some research I found others with problems that were similar however no one noted all the internal lights and such being off. The clicking on the back (which I believe is where the control board is located) sounds like a relay. I would think if the compressor was overheating I wouldn’t lose all the lights along with the cooling making me think the control board is the issue. I welcome any input on this issue as it appears to be increasing in frequency.

Fridge Clicking Sound Location.jpg