• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KRMF706ESS01 Fridge Leaking from Ice Maker When Using Water Dispenser

BT23

Premium Member
hi there, just reading all the comments on the leaks inside the fridge. i have the same fridge and have had it for about 5 years and have issue after issue with respect to the cooling system. 3 days ago the ice maker stopped. no more ice. today, i noticed that at the very back of the fridge just below the icemaker area there seems to be frost coming out of the bottom. water is also dripping from the LED light in the top middle of the fridge, 2 over from the water filter. any suggestions to what this may be? we are still able to use the dispenser for water and it works fine, just no ice.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have the exact same model number KRMF706EBS01 ?

Turn the ice maker off and see if it still drips water.

You will need to get access to the ice maker and see if its frosting up or if the ejector blades are stuck.

Here's the ice maker for your model: W11294907 Icemaker

This video shows you how to access it:

Let us know what you find, and take some photos of what you see and upload them here.

Jake

BT23

Premium Member
Hey Jake, sorry busy day yesterday trying to figure out the issue with the fridge. Our model number is KRMF706ESS01. I unplugged the fridge and took the top panel off where the water filter is. we could see the water was dripping down the LED light, but couldnt figure out where the water was coming from.

I removed the water filter and it was fine, no water leaking from there. I also checked the drip pan at the back/bottom of the fridge and it was damp, but no standing water. the very back of the fridge just under the ice maker compartment has ice and you can see it melting and dripping down.

I then plugged back the fridge and noticed that cold air was blowing from the front of the ice-maker where the ice comes out of where it wasnt before. we let the fridge run and after a couple of hours we had ice. we also noticed the temperature in both the fridge and the freezer changed. the fridge went from 0 to 4 celcius and the freezer went from 18 down to 13 Celsius. this morning, the fridge is at 0 and freezer is close to 15 Celsius.

We also noticed condensation at the front of the actual ice maker container and on the inside panels of the fridge and by the fan on the ice maker. i don't trust that the issue is corrected. we've had to have the thermistor changed and the fans changed in both the fridge and freezer about 4 months ago. We had to throw out so much food it was sad really. good looking unit, but honestly not the greatest functioning one. any suggestions?

thanks Jake
Bruce

Attachments

• tempImage38sEYI.png
    tempImage38sEYI.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • tempImagekeFF42.png
    tempImagekeFF42.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • tempImageWGcovP.png
    tempImageWGcovP.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 61

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bruce,

I don't know where that water is coming from, either its leaking from the ice maker itself or the water valve or the tubing, or the water reservoir. You will need to pinpoint it.

Have someone press the water dispenser lever while you have the top down so you can pinpoint it.

Jake