• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KRMF706ESS02 Fridge Noise Outside

SS9267547

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS02
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello all, just have a question about my fridge. So just a quick back story. Fridge went out about 5 months ago and they needed to replace the 2 evaporators and compressor. Been waiting for the parts from kitchenaid and the repair company finally fixed it yesterday.

Now it’s been 5 months without a fridge and I’m just wondering if the sound that it’s making is normal, just seems like a different hum then before, but been 5 months so hard for me to say. I know there was a running hum normally. They said it will go away after a few hours when I asked after they finished but the loud humming/buzz is still there.

Goes away when the fridge stops it’s cooling cycle or defrost I’m guessing as it’s only for 10mins or so. It’s from behind the unit as inside it sounds normal. Thanks for any feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_3614.MOV
    11.9 MB · Views: 0

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you have a condenser fan motor in the back of the refrigerator, pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel and you will see it next to the compressor. See if the fan blade is hitting on something.

Here's the condenser fan motor for your model:
W11127829 Motor-Cond

This shows you how to access it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

SS9267547

Premium Member
Okay so it’s not the fan, took another video. Think the sounds coming from the left, maybe towards the back. Also not sure, but pictured is that the compressor? Looks like it might have not been replaced as it still has dust on it.

Attachments

• IMG_3619.MOV
    12.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's the compressor, sounds like its coming from there.

If your worried about it have KitchenAid come out again. It does sound louder than normal to me as well.

Jake

SS9267547

Premium Member
Super thanks for the help on the issue, really appreciate that. Going to have to ask why the compressor wasn’t replaced as the job originally was to change all three parts but like I said that compressor doesn't look like they worked on.