• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid KRMF706ESS05 refrigerator fan

glockphx

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS05
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello I need help troubleshooting my kitchenaid 5 door refrigerator

Symptoms
High temp in fridge section
Led in freezer not working
Stop producing ice
Pantry control board not working

After read couple threads in this forums I find that the control board on the pantry was not working. Some water get into it and make it short.

After replaced the board the refrigerator work as normal only for 1 week.
Then the ice production stopped and the temp went up to 60f in the refrigerator compartment.
After some troubleshooting I found that the refrigerator fan was not working.
I ordered a new fan but still not working.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You posted the age as Less than 1 year old, you have a full warranty on it from KitchenAid.

You will need to contact KitchenAid to come out at 800-422-1230, then the KA tech can call the FACTORY HOTLINE from your house, if he/she doesn't know, to investigate this problem.

glockphx

Premium Member
Hello Jake.

Finally I fixed my fridge.

Unfortunately I tried the warranty. But because I get this on a clearance store were they sell appliances with cosmetic damage there was not invoice or receipt = no warranty.

After some troubleshooting I found that the connector for the fan was corroded. I have the voltage before the connector. But 0 volts after the mated connection.

I spliced the cables and the refrigerator is working now.
It's been more than 24 hrs and the teams un the fridge and freezer are normal. The ice bin is full.

The only issue standing is the ligth on the freezer. I will troubleshoot that tomorrow.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately I tried the warranty. But because I get this on a clearance store were they sell appliances with cosmetic damage there was not invoice or receipt = no warranty.
They go by your serial number(no receipt no problem), cosmetic damage does not matter either, per your warranty of functional parts.:)

After some troubleshooting I found that the connector for the fan was corroded. I have the voltage before the connector. But 0 volts after the mated connection.

I spliced the cables and the refrigerator is working now.
It's been more than 24 hrs and the teams un the fridge and freezer are normal. The ice bin is full.
Excellent, good job finding that was the cause.(y)

The only issue standing is the ligth on the freezer. I will troubleshoot that tomorrow.

You should get 20 volts DC at the freezer LED light wire connector, if so then your LED is bad.

Here's the freezer LED for your model: Single Led 2/3W Mod Assy-White_clear W11483116

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.