• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid KRSC503ESS00 ice maker shut off arm won't come down

harj1953

Premium Member
Model Number
KRSC503ESS00
Brand
KitchenAid
My three year old ice maker quit working. The ice bucket is empty but the arm that shuts ice maker off when it's full will not come down or extend. This unit has the ice cube tray that flips over to empty ice into bucket. The tray is turned up to accept water but it is not perfectly level and a bit cockeyed. Because the unit is all plastic I don't want to force anything for fear of breaking something. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can look for to put the ice maker back into the correct cycle? I do know the switch is in off position. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

harj1953

Premium Member
That's awesome Jake! Thank you so much. After troubleshooting, if the ice maker has failed is there another link for replacing the unit or is it included somewhere in the link you sent? I'll do the testing today and let you know the results. Thanks again. Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jim,

I located a video that shows you how to remove and replace it.

Jake

harj1953

Premium Member
Video was great. I pulled the unit out and it appears the tray and bail are stuck. The tray is crooked and the bail won't extend. It must be in the motor or housing. I do have an extended warranty on this fridge so when my wife feels it's safe to let a technician in we'll have them come out to take a look. I can replace it myself for $100 with the link you gave but would rather save that bill and see if the IM can be replaced under warranty. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Jake