• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KSBP25INSS00 not cooling

ncapp

Premium Member
Model Number
KSBP25INSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Greetings,

Unit is not cooling...there's power to inverter box and compressor, both fans are working. I see some folks solve this by replacing the inverter box, others the control board, others with a thermistor.

If the Inverter is getting power and the Compressor is also, does this eliminate the Inverter? Not sure where to begin, would prefer not to just replace one part after another with a 13 y.o. unit.

Thanks in advance. Nick

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
.....there's power to inverter box and compressor, ...
Is the compressor running or not running??

Inverter compressors are very quiet and run at or just above room temperature. It can be difficult to tell if the compressor is running or not. In that case, unplug the machine and place your hand on top of the compressor and feel for the vibration when you plug it back in.

Last edited:

ncapp

Premium Member
No, it does not appear that the compressor is running. Using a volt tester, the pen variety, I determined there is power through the cord to the compressor. However I read somewhere that that does not rule out the inverter board/box as the problem.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Your pen tester won't do. Check for 3-6 VDC across the two smaller wires on the inverter and 120 VAC across the two larger wires.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member