• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kitchenaid KSC24C8EYY01 fridge/freezer not making ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOPPING@CREATI

Premium Member
Model Number
KSC24C8EYY01
Brand
KitchenAid
I've had this fridge/freezer for about 9 years. Suddenly, it stopped making ice. Water still dispenses in the front, and if I add ice to the bin it will dispense. I replaced the ice maker module and still no ice. Ran test #25 and it said 00 (01 when dispensing water), so I replaced the dual valve that goes to the water and ice. Still no ice.

Test #15 shows 02, so it's reading the bin properly. I went to check the fill tube, so I removed the front bottom panel and found 2 couplers with 2 tubes. I was able to blow in the thin one and my helper confirmed that air was coming out through the top where the ice maker gets its water.

I went to the valve in the back, removed the thin tube, and was able to blow air through it. So, I think this means there's no ice or blockage in the fill tube. Also, while I was back there I checked the water pressure from the wall, and there's plenty of pressure.

I hate to keep replacing parts and not solve this problem. What else can I check?

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
TEST 25--->Ice Maker Fill Test did not work, TEST 25 should of been 10 on your display not 00.

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below. Is there ice in the ice maker tray now? But the ice maker won't cycle it out?

Check your wire harness under the freezer door and see if you have any cut wires preventing 120 volts going to the ice maker side(smaller diameter hose) of your dual water water inlet valve.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem

Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, I'd remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Service and Wiring Sheet - W10287673 - Rev D.pdf
    751.8 KB · Views: 52

SHOPPING@CREATI

Premium Member
Yes test 25 says 00, even after replacing the valves. There is no ice in the tray right now. I just double checked the wiring under the kick plate and it is not frayed at all. It looks new, not like the photo in the other post.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Tape the little optics flapper closed, and hold the door switch in and test L and N again.

Jake

SHOPPING@CREATI

Premium Member
Found black/white and grey/orange broken. Fixed those wires. The rest seem OK as best as I can tell.

So, now I get the following:
L-N: 122V
L-V: 122V
V-T: 0V
V-H: 122V
V-M: 122V

Jumpering V-T does nothing
Jumpering T-H: the motor wheel spins (sort of slowly)

Running test #25 still returns 00 (01 when water is dispensed)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Bingo!

Fixed the broken wires and you will have a working ice maker.:)

Unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet FIRST, then fix those broken wires.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Jumping T and H forces the ice maker to cycle, did the ice maker cycle completely? Towards the end of the ice maker cycle it fills with water. Did it fill with water?

When you jump T and H you have to remove the jumper wire after 10 seconds, then it will continue on its own. You also need to hold the door switch in.

V is the water inlet valve, T is the ice maker thermostat, those will not have voltage across them. They only activate when the ice maker module circuit tells them to per the ice maker cycle.

Jake

SHOPPING@CREATI

Premium Member
I jumped T to H, and removed it after the click. The wheel kept spinning. Finally, I could hear it trying to send water, and got about 100V between V and N, but no water. I reinstalled the old valves, and did the whole test again.

Checked the next morning, and, I HAVE ICE!!

So, after buying a new ice motor module and valves, I ended up putting the originals back in. Turns out all I needed was some waterproof butt connectors to splice the broken wires back.

Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear your back in business.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.