• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KSSC42QTS00 ice chute door issues/ice not dispensing

magman99

I actually have two issues that may/may not be related on my Kitchenaid KSSC42QTS00. My icemaker makes ice, but it will not dispense ice. The motor runs but the metal shaft does not turn. The ice itself seems to "melt together" which I believe is due to the ice chute door malfunctioning (seems to open when you press on ice dispenser pedal but does not close back like I believe it should. This is probably causing the frost in the freezer as well as the reason for the ice to meld together. In looking online I cannot tell exactly what is causing this, but believe it is a chute door motor?
Also, since the auger turns without ice bucket on it, I assume the motor is good and it just seems like maybe the auger is not fitting up into the ice bucket box far enough (I have taken the meld together ice out, let it make some loose ice and it seems to work, but still will not dispense once ice bucket is 1/2 full or more). Help is appreciated here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model for the auger motor section:
Usually the ice bucket coupling #16 wears out and causes this ice not dispensing problem, also check the drive shaft sleeve #30. Also check the drive shaft #26 for wear too.

Here's the parts diagram for your model for the ice dispenser section:
For the ice dispenser door not closing properly check the ice door motor and bracket assembly #3 and also the ice dispenser chute door #6.

Jake