• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid KSSO42FTX02 Built-In no longer working.

hungry4pwr

Premium Member
Model Number
KSSO42FTX02
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi everyone. I'm going to ask for forgiveness if I'm posting in the wrong place or if my search abilities didn't turn up a post with the same issue as mine. In any case. I have a KitchenAid KSSO42FTX02 built-in that no longer works. I just replaced the Main Control Board (P/N WPW10219462) as it was fried with one I got from eBay. Hoping I didn't get screwed. I plugged everything in and when I powered it up, nothing happened except that after about 15 mins, the Inverter Board is now blinking twice (green light).

I could really use the help. I'm hoping that I don't have to scrap this thing and replace it with a much more expensive one, especially right before the holidays. Luckily, I was able to pick up a small refrigerator that we now have in the garage to get us through while I attempt to get this fixed. I've not found any service manuals or much info on this refrigerator other than the fact that not very many people like KitchenAid, lol.

Thoughts? I'm not the most technical of guys, but am damn good at following directions and a fast learner. Looking fwd to hearing from you folks. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Big M

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Big M,

They make a kit now you have to purchase. They don't make the WPW10219462 boards anymore, so return it to ebay and get your money back, because they sold you a bad WPW10219462. KitchenAid wants you to get the new kit.

Here it is for your model to order: W10801766 Cntrl-Elec

Its currently $391 which is much better than another built-in at $8000.:)

LED Off: No failure detected.
2 Flashes: No 3-6vdc signal from the control board<---Bad control board
3 Flashes: Inverter failure.
4 Flashes: Compressor failure.

Jake

hungry4pwr

Premium Member
Hi Jake!!!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. What about taking the old board and having it repaired? I've seen a few folks on here post about getting them repaired? thoughts?

Again, HUGE thanks man!!!

Cheers

Big M

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What about taking the old board and having it repaired? I've seen a few folks on here post about getting them repaired?
Its always best to get the new kit, you may be able to have the control board repaired, but I'm not sure where and usually that's only a temporary fix, not permanent fix. The kit is the permanent fix.:)

is there somewhere I can get the tech sheet/wiring diagram for this?
For what, the whole refrigerator?

Jake