Kitchenaid KUDE70FVSS0 error-7 flashes

mlekas

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDE70FVSS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,
Our model KUDE70FVSS0 is 10 years old. It has had the 7 flashes / 1 flash error code cycle.
I have read the other threads on this error, and here is what I have done so far:

1. run diags and reset unit. When diags run the heating element is active (I hear it sizzling when water hits it). But error returns 3 wash cycles later
  2. removed spray assembly and cleaned inside.
  3. tested heater element, ohmmeter says 14 and good.

I am now stuck. The other threads in this form have suggested finding a chopper and cleaning it, but there is nothing like a chopper in this model The basin looks very different from the basin in the whirlpool videos in those other forum posts - it is completely plastic, with no visible rubber stopper or metal piece (see image attached). The online parts do not reference a chopper, cutter, blade etc. I remember when I bought it that they said it didn't have any function like that, that it was all handled by the filter.
KUDE70FVSS0-basin.jpg

Assuming there is no chopper, the next area for me to check seems to be the control board. The manual has a page for control board assembly, but doesn't show where it is mounted. Where is it?

thank you for any insight you might have on this model.
Michael

mlekas

Premium Member
OK, found the control panel in the door, and it looks fine. What is left to check?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Michael,

What was the original problem with the dishwasher?

When you start a new cycle, it fills? Then do you hear the wash motor running and do you hear the water splashing in the tub?

Error 7-1 is a heating problem, but if the heating element is working, then it can't be that. The only part it can be is a bad control board throwing that false error code.

Here's the control board for your model:
Main Control Board WPW10285178

Jake

mlekas

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply. The dishwasher has no problems except the error code every three washes. Water temp is between hot and lukewarm when I open the door mid-cycle. Dishes emerge clean. The heating element is never hot, unless I run the diagnostics cycle.

The control board looks fine - all wires are intact, and there is nothing melted or burned.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Michael, Then the only problem it can be is a bad control board, the heating element is working fine in diagnostics, but its not coming on during the normal cycle, and the control board is the only part that turns it on in the normal cycle, do you see what I mean?

The control board doesn't need to be melted or burned to be bad.:)

Jake