• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid (KUDT03FTSS0) Question Regarding Feed Tube with Third Level Spinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailor

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDT03FTSS0
Brand
KitchenAid
I have parts out of my dishwasher for cleaning and/or replacement. My feed tube (with third level spinner) is currently out of the dishwasher. When holding this part in my hands, in its naturally oriented mounting position, I see that the top rubber flap is completely open and the lower rubber flap is partially open (1/4" or less). Is this part in need of replacement?

kailor

Premium Member
Forgot another question. Does the lower spray arm lift with water pressure and spin more freely than it does with dishwasher not running? How could I edit my first post? I did not see an "Edit Post" link.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the lower flapper should be completely closed.

Another member posted a video of his here:

Here's my reply:
You see where the upper spray arm manifold goes into the feed tube assembly? There is a rubber flapper just below where the manifold goes into the feed tube assembly, I thought I saw water steaming out of that lower one, so make sure that lower rubber flapper is closed tight, if not then that's the problem, and you'd need a new feed tube assembly.

Here's the feed tube assembly for your model:
WPW10077859 Feed Tube Assembly

Does the lower spray arm lift with water pressure and spin more freely than it does with dishwasher not running?
Yes, it does.

Jake

kailor

Premium Member
Jake,

It is now fixed and I wanted to thank you, very much!

1. I cleaned the chopper
2. I replaced the spray tube with third-level spinner...dishes are getting cleaner now
3. I replaced the water inlet valve...no leaks
4. The leak underneath the front of the dishwasher was due to me tipping the unit on its face to replace the water inlet valve (dishwasher still had water in it when I discovered the leak from the inlet assembly on outside of unit). I squeezed the water from the insulation inside the lower front of unit...it was water logged.

Status
Not open for further replies.