• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kitchenaid KUIC15NRTS0 Under Counter Ice Maker freezing up

johnnyk101

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIC15NRTS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi, hoping somebody has had this issue and can help. I had to change the recirculation pump. Started making horrible noise. After changing, the ice maker made a few loads of ice than quit. When I checked it, it was frozen up. The fill line had an icicle hanging from it and there was ice in the water try. There were also droplets of water that had froze hanging from different areas inside.

Any idea why this would freeze up like this?
Thanks, John

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Any idea why this would freeze up like this? ..... I had to change the recirculation pump
Well right off the bat I'd say the problem is with the recirc pump installation. If you didn't have the problem before you replaced the pump 99% of the time it's going to be something with the install. Check all the water connections. Make sure water isn't spraying. Check the operation. I'll check for any service bulletins on that machine. sb

johnnyk101

Premium Member

johnnyk101

Premium Member
Fixed! Replaced the water sensor and now making ice again! I'm not sure why it froze up, unless the sensor never said the water bin was empty so it just stayed in cooling mode. The sensor may have been bad which caused the water recirculation pump to go out. I didn't have the codes for the diagnostics before I replaced the pump. I don't know how to show FIXED in the title, so...

Sensor WPW10548509

Brysonsdad

Premium Member
I have 2 of these right now! Cleaned the ice machine and it did not make any ice afterwards. No blinking lights but when I looked in, I seen this. replaced sensor and then start. went thru the flush mode and then started but recirc pump did not come on. found 14 volts coming to pump. Guess I got to put that on. On the other had the same issue. iced up all around the sensor and pump. Found broken wire at harness for the sensor. Repaired wire and replaced the recirc pump. was very hard to turn the impeller. Well, on this one, it did the same as the other machine. filled, flushed, filled again and pump never come on. so going back with sensor on this one! I should have ohmed out the sensor while I had it out.