KitchenAid/Marvel/Kenmore UC Icemaker prob

Samsdad

Model Number
KUIS185DWH0
Brand
KitchenAid
I have 3 under-counter icemakers 1) KitchenAid - KUIS185DWH0, 2)Kenmore - 106.86485690, and 3) Marvel - 51IMW2. With some minor exceptions, they are all essentially the same and 20ish years old. One by one, they have all caught the same disease. I'm beginning to think its viral. These units all work with the tilted cold plate that slides the sheet of ice off onto the cutter wires. All cycling and water seem to be normal. The prob is that the water no longer freezes in the center of the plate and creates a "picture frame" of ice rather than a solid sheet. This obviously reduces production significantly. As stated above, all cycling is normal, coils are clean, all the usual problems for these needy models check out. I'm perplexed, any help here?

Cognacdipped

Premium Member
I have seen this before on newer marvel 30im units as well. My conclusion, as was others I spoke with, was it is a compressor related issue. I would look into getting seal system serviced...newer clear ice makers cost in excess of $1400 so it might be worth the repair.