• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid Microwave Model YKEHV309 has "DOOR" error message

Rylynne145

Premium Member
Model Number
YKEHV309
Brand
KitchenAid
Door error code on microwave investigated and discovered all three switches test fine and fuse is good using ohm meter. At a loss as to what to do next.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I found YKEHV309PM01 & YKEHV309PS01

Door error code on microwave investigated and discovered all three switches test fine and fuse is good using ohm meter.

Door mechanisms that activate the switches check ok?
Door key(s) that activate the switches check ok?
Wiring to and from the switches check ok?
Maybe if everything else checks ok the board is no longer sensing the door being opened or closed??

I have little to no experience with these build in units.

jeff sr.

Rylynne145

Premium Member
Hi Jeff,

YKEHV309PM00 is the full model number..... meterite colour I think the last few digits are for.​

Wiring to and from the switches are a bit tricky..... I'm not sure what to look for exactly.
This problem occured sporatically at first then it came to the point where it would not work at all. The microwave would stop sometimes and door would come up.... we would open and shut the door and it would work fine.... eventually not working at all.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Wiring to and from the switches are a bit tricky..... I'm not sure what to look for exactly.

Anything pinched, discoloured, loose or burnt would be good place I would start.

YKEHV309PM00

Hey BB, do you have a manual for this one??

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.