• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid Pump Problems

Sophietje

Premium Member
I have a KAWS700GQ0 washer, and it's been having a problem for the last week or so, and then it finally broke today.
Before today, there was a loud whirring noise whenever it was pumping water. (And it seemed to be specific to the pumping rather than the spinning). Anyhow, I did nothing about the whirring, and then today, it stopped pumping altogether. And there was a faint burning smell.

Is it likely to be the entire pump that's gone bad? Or just something like a belt or bearing? Is it simple to replace, or do I need professional help? (Am willing to try most anything. Repair people seem to be backed up past the holidays.)
Any clues would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks

Sophietje

Premium Member
Mad Mac!
Thank you so much. You were right on, it was a bra underwire! (An underwire went missing over a year ago, so I guess that was the culprit.)

I just cleaned out the pump hoses and tested it, and voila, it runs again! Without noise!

Since you saved me easily $75, I will be making a donation via paypal.

thanks again.

Mad Mac

Appliance Tech
Moorpark (via Motherwell, Scotland), California, U
Thank you for your support (or should you be thanking us for YOUR support)....anyway, I once fished 12 underwires out of one of those pumps. The shape of the pump is very conducive to them getting in there. Best advice I offer is to invest in one of the little mesh bags for washing your delicates, it'll save a lot of grief in future