• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Range KDRS483VSS03 - Right (larger) oven will not maintain temp

jonmck1234

Premium Member
Model Number
KDRS483VSS03
Brand
KitchenAid
The right oven (larger one) is not maintaining temperature. We can have it set at 350° and it will preheat to that and after a while, we will realize it does not seem to be hot enough. We then turn off the right oven, turn it back on and set it to 350° and the screen will show the temperature is 300°+- and preheating.

I took the thermostat probe out of the left oven and swapped them but that did not help. This evening we had the right oven set on 400° and after it was going for quite a while we did a temperature check by turning it off, and turning it back on and setting it 400° and it showed it was 308° and preheating.

Would this be an oven control board issue?

I set the right oven on full broil and the top heating element turned red so I don’t think it has a heating element issue but that was on broil.

If it would be the oven control board, where is it located?

I replaced the left side appliance manager board last year as the convection fan would not turn off even if the oven was turned off. That fixed that issue thankfully but I’m not sure if the current right side temperature issue is controlled by the oven control board or the appliance manager board?

Would it be part WPW10298120 or W10298120?

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick has been out sick since Jan.12th with a serious illness, we are hoping and praying for a speedy recovery!

The right side oven appliance manager controls the right side oven.

Here's the appliance manager board for your model you can order:
W10852104 Cntrl-Elec

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Jake

Attachments

• W10403297-reva.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 30

jonmck1234

Premium Member
@Jake - I am terribly sorry to hear about Rick and I will certainly keep him in my prayers!

Would it be the appliance manager OR the oven control board that would maintain the temperature?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

jonmck1234

Premium Member
Thanks. I wonder if it could be the baking element? But I have searched and searching online and can't find out how to access the bottom heating element....any pointers?
I hate to purchase the control board if it is the appliance manager instead.....or could it be the heating element?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the heating element ohm tests good, and there are no chips or cuts in it, then the heating element should be fine. The appliance manager is the brain of the range, it tells when to turn the elements on and off, the oven control board is just the user interface where you set the temperature.

Here's the right side oven bottom bake element for your model:
Elmnt-Bake W10115995

I couldn't locate the service manual to show you how to access it, either its in the very back, or a side panel to access, I'd check the back first. Make sure you disconnect power to the range first!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.