• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Range KSIB900ESS2 - Oven Will Not Heat Any Mode

SSGWJL

Premium Member
Model Number
KSIB900ESS2
Brand
KitchenAid
I bought this KSIB900ESS Induction Range 6 months ago and it had worked great until last night. The oven will no longer heat, whether using bake, broil, convection or the bottom drawer. It stopped heating while baking after it had already heated to set temperature (350 degrees). Oven will show as preheating, but it is not. There are no error messages, it is not locked/on delayed start etc. I pulled the thermal fuse to check for continuity and it is good. The induction top works as it should…doesn’t seem to be any issue with control panel functionality. Any ideas as to what the issue could be/what I could check next? Can’t believe both elements would die simultaneously. Thanks in advance!!!

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, since its under the 1 year warranty, you will need to contact KitchenAid to come out at 800-422-1230 and fix it for free.

Jake

SSGWJL

Premium Member
So i was able to register it and do have several months left… however the first available service appointment is more than a month from now with parts delays making it potentially up to 2 months before the problem is fixed. Needless to say that will not work for me. So back to my original post… anyone have any ideas? Is it likely the control board? The induction top works fine so assuming voltage is not an issue. Thermal fuse has continuity. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, glad to hear its still under warranty, but we need the complete model number first. Read it from the model number tag on the machine.

Here's the results I get:
KSIB900ESS0
KSIB900ESS1
KSIB900ESS2
KSIB900ESS3

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks! I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, on page 3 get into Diagnostics Mode and get into FAULTS to see what fault code/codes your getting.

Enter Diagnostics Mode by pressing CANCEL>CANCEL>START within 5 seconds.
NOTE: After each test, press CANCEL to return to the clock. Reenter the diagnostic mode by pressing CANCEL>CANCEL>START within 5 seconds.
Press the number 3 or 6 keypads to read the following:
Usage
Relay Usage
Engineering mode
Test mode
Faults

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10844271-RevA.pdf
    267.4 KB · Views: 28

SSGWJL

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. There were no faults. Had someone come look at it this morning and he said 240v coming to the control board but only 120v going from control board to elements. He said replacement part needed is W11100619, which seems to check out online for this model. Is there an exploded parts diagram for this model? I’m having trouble locating it. Assuming replacement should be pretty straightforward, but a diagram would help. Thanks for your help!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member