• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid refri. problem with overload/start relay.

phidellucky

Premium Member
Hi, I have read a lot of thread up here, but still could not find the answer for my Kitchenaid refri. model: Ksrs25ilwh

#1: I had a bad overload/start relay, replaced with the right one.
#2: plugged the cable to power outlet, compressor start running, getting cold. everthing was OK...looked good.
#3, But, final checks for everything before closing the back carton cover, I tried to TURN-OFF by switch inside the refri. , then turned it back on, the compressor and fan did not start.(all light and fan inside refri. function OK) ( Tried several times).
I waited for about 30min when I turned on by switch...compress/fan still did not start.
Compressor/fan only start when I unplug and plug power back into power outlet.
Any idea please help.
Ty

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When you TURN-OFF the switch inside the refrigerator, then turn it back on again, It will take time for the compressor to reset, so it won't immediately come on again.

Just leave it plugged in and don't mess with the TURN-OFF switch, and it should be fine.:)

Make sure your condenser is clean in the front.

Check for a clogged condenser thats clogged with lint/pet hair full in the condenser which is located on the bottom of your refrigerator behind the front bottom kickplate grill. Just open both refrigerator and freezer doors, then pull that kickplate grill off, PULL HARD it just unsnaps.

Then get a vacuum cleaner to clean your condenser.

Jake

phidellucky

Premium Member
Thanks for quick answer.
I tried to turn off by switch inside refri. and waited for 30min, but compressor/fan did not start.
Is that normal for all refri.?
I let it run since lastnight and now I have almost full container of ice cubes and everthing looks good.
I will keep my eyes on it and will update all info.

Thanks again for your help and your best forum/ website.

Ty

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It was probably in a defrost cycle when you turned it back on again, if you wait awhile it should come back on automatically.

But just leave it on now, it should be fine.

Thanks Ty.:)

Jake