• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KBFS22EWMS3 not cooling properly

Bucknumj2

Premium Member
I replaced the bimetal defrost thermistor, however that has not fixed the issue. Evaporator motor and fan tested in service mode, didn't come on, but within a half hour with the fridge running and freezer panel removed the fan kicked on and was sending. cool air to the refrigerator with the damper open. I also taste the damper. service mode and worked fine.

At this point, I am wondering if. its the refrigerator themister? or something else?

all. coils have been cleaned, compressor and fan running fine.

Bucknumj2

Premium Member
here is couple picks from tonight. It ran most of the last 24hours. freezer cooled normally, freezer fan ran on/off throughout the day, damper remains open. Fridge won't cool.

Attachments

• freezer7:4.pdf
    15.3 MB · Views: 51
  • freezer2 7:4.pdf
    12.6 MB · Views: 55

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, it looks like you have a sealed system problem, because all the evaporator coils should have a thin layer of frost on them from top to bottom, and your bottom coil doesn't.

Look at the very bottom photo below, and you will see what I mean.

Frost Patterns.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check your owners manual warranty, some models have up to a 10 year limited warranty on the sealed system/compressor.

You can contact KitchenAid at 800-422-1230 to come out to verify its a sealed system/compressor issue and if you are still in warranty, then they will pay for parts and you pay labor.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.