• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KBFS22EWMS9 - Water Under Compressor

Terp93

Premium Member
Model Number
KBFS22EWMS9
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello, I had the lower back off my Kitchen Aid Model KBFS22EWMS9 to vacuum the accumulated dust and hair, and there was a water puddle under the compressor. Also, there's a copper line in front of the compressor that shows signs of leaking or something above it is leaking that's causing the green residue on the copper line. The refrigerator is about 10 years old. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Frig1.jpg
Frig3.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The compressor mounting plate doubles as a defrost pan. Water from a defrost cycle drains through the drain tube above the compressor and into the defrost pan. The condensor fan blows the warm air from the condensor coils across the defrost pan to evaporate it. The copper line is a refrigerant line. Carefully lift it off the defrost pan. Take off some of the oxidation with a wire brush or a piece of sandpaper.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
something above it is leaking that's causing the green residue on the copper line.

On your model the defrost water drain pan looks to be separate from the compressor tray. There should be no water by the compressor.

I suggest you look directly above the signs of a leak to see what is there that is leaking. (Water will drip straight down or run along surfaces to the lowest point.)

The main possibilities are likely a water fill valve and its associated tubing.

LINK > KBFS22EWMS9 Water a Fill Valve

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.