• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KBFS25EVMS3 control panel unresponsive

rpl3000

Premium Member
Model Number
KBFS25EVMS3
Brand
KitchenAid
At some point over the past few days the refrigerator temperature went from 38 to 33 and started freezing the milk. I searched this and other places and found a PDF titled "KBFS25EVMS3 tech sheet.pdf" that outlined how to program the board and perform other diagnostics. I am unable to check the programming code. It is unresponsive when I perform the button sequence. I tried some of the other button sequences too for other functional tests. Not results.

The current temperatures are 33 and 0. So I am not spoiling food.

When I depress both of the door switches, the temperature display remains on.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edit - possibly similar to this thread which was unresolved. Similar symptoms but without the beeps.

Last edited:

rpl3000

Premium Member
New troubleshooting developments.
Using this page as the diagram to describe the parts:

I took everything apart on the top of the cabinet. I unplugged part #5 from the wiring harness and #3 from #5, looked for visible damage (saw none) and reassembled.
The temperature reading for the refrigerator reads 72 which is probably right as I had it out of the cabinet on my table for several minutes. However when I push any button on the control, the reading changes to 33. Also, the display goes out when I push both door close buttons. which is different from before. I still can't access any of the service or programming functions as before.

On page 3 of the KBFS25EVMS3 tech sheet.pdf (attached). there is a thermo resistor in the lower left corner of the sheet.

The wiring harness:
W10911102 Defrost thermostat/Wire harness assembly

doesn't show the same part that I saw. I saw a small white cylinder part that clipped into #4 from the refrigerator liner parts link from above.

Attachments

• KBFS25EWMS1 Tech Sheet.pdf
    647.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so lets focus in on the overlay, can you adjust the temperature up or down when you press the overlay buttons?

WPW10317125 Overlay

Look at this thread:

Jake

rpl3000

Premium Member
The symptoms of my refrigerator are similar enough to the thread above that I will buy a new touchpad/overlay as the next step.

It appears that this is installed with adhesive. Am I correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Correct, just peel the old one off, and put the new one in the exact same place.

It should come with adhesive.

Jake