• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kitchenaid Refrigerator KBSN602EPA01 some dim LEDs, some bright, looking for wiring diagram or which LED module to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

biogon

Premium Member
Model Number
KBSN602EPA
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all:

Looks like this is a common recurring issue that shows up on ApplianceBlog.com (see, e.g., a, b, c, d, etc. etc. etc.).

Would appreciate a pointer or some direction, if possible. Looked for the wiring diagram but there's no cosmetic/valance panel over the hinge, and it's not behind the lower kick grille.

I have a 2.5 year old Kitchenaid KBSN602EPA01 side-by-side 2-door.

There are LED lights in the following format:
Freezer compartment: 1 top, 2 left wall, 2 right wall
Refrigeration compartment: 1 top, 3 left wall, 3 right wall.
FC RC O | x O O | O x O O | x1 x | x x
Bright LEDs are "O"
Dim LEDs are "x"
In descriptive form, all the freezer LEDs are fine. The dim lights are the top RC LED, plus the lowest one on the left, and all three on the right. In RC, the middle left one is completely out.

x1 is completely out. All the other x lights are merely dim. I assume x1 is the bad one, at least according to @Dakota20 at https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/kitchenaid-refrigerator-led-lights.80562.

I'm looking for a wiring diagram to confirm, and an AppliancePartsPro link to the correct module I need to swap. Hoping it isn't a power board issue (but likely not as all 6 LEDs went dim simultaneously and there are still some bright ones.) There's a tag on the defective module, W10843339. Does

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.