• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Refrigerator KBSN608ESS01 Freezer LED lights not working.

publicmsu

Premium Member
Model Number
KBSN608ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I'm experiencing dim LED lighting on all of my freezer lights and one of the refrigerator lights.

I've read through some of the posts on this problem and took a few of the first steps. I pulled the first LED in the freezer chain, and I'm currently looking at 10.3V coming into the LED on the refrigerator side (LEFT_SIDE_1), which ultimately feeds into the additional 5 LEDs on the freezer side.

1613934443606.png

The 10.3V would be be less than the aforementioned 15V that I've seen referred to in other posts. Given this, it would seem as though the Aurora board is shot at this point? I'm a bit surprised that it's 10.3V, I figured it would be all or nothing if the board went kaput.

Does anyone happen to have a schematic for this Aurora board? I'd hate to shell out 200$ for a cap or resistor that is <10c.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I pulled the first LED in the freezer chain, and I'm currently looking at 10.3V coming into the LED on the refrigerator side (LEFT_SIDE_1), which ultimately feeds into the additional 5 LEDs on the freezer side.
What you can do is use a jumper wire and jump each LED to see which one is bad. When you jump the bad one, the rest will light up in that series.

Make a jumper wire, and jump that Refrigerator LED and see if the rest light up fine.

It worked for this member:

Jake

publicmsu

Premium Member
Technically, only the first one in the chain should be the bad one given they are all wired in series. I've got some jumper wires that will hopefully fit. I'll give it a try later. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, keep us posted.

Jake

publicmsu

Premium Member
Confirmed that it was an issue with that first LED on the refrigerator side after jumpering across the connector. Will see if I can fix this one, if not, I'll pick up a new one.

Thanks!

publicmsu

Premium Member
Interesting brown spots around the positive voltage pad. I highly doubt this is burnt. They put some BGA type of LED on there.
1614025328037.png

publicmsu

Premium Member
Apparently this is a COB type LED. I've never come across them before, but they are pretty pricey and I'm not sure which part # this is. Looks like I'll need to pick up the whole replacement part.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good find.(y)

Actually the refrigerator LED module is very inexpensive compared to some that are over $100.

Yours is currently only $22.35.

Here's the Refrigerator LED Module for your model: W11462342

Jake

publicmsu

Premium Member
I ordered some LEDs that I believe will fit the existing board layout. Should know by this weekend if it works. If not, I can order the full module.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake