• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KRFC704FPS00 unusual sounds, not cooling properly

brooklin

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFC704FPS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Purchased new in May 2017 & until 2 weeks ago worked perfectly. It then started to generate unusual sounds but still maintained set temperature in both freezer & main compartments. Last night the freezer temp. was as set but the main compartment warmed up & now appears to be without cooling at all. Fortunately I purchased the 4 year warranty extension & it's covered 'till May 2022 & I have requested service asap but I would like to have some idea of what they should be saying & looking for during their inspection. I've been bitten, hopefully not this time.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Al

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So its not cooling in the refrigerator section? But the freezer section is perfect?

What is the complete model number? The model number tag is located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Here's the results I get:
KRFC704FPS00
KRFC704FPS01
KRFC704FPS03
KRFC704FPS04

Jake

Brooklin1

Premium Member
Hi, For some reason I cannot log on using a email address I have been using since 2017 & have therefore registered anew with my wife's address. KRFC704FPS00 is the correct model number. Your summary of the problem is correct although this morning the refrigerator temp was 60F & approx an hour later had gone down to 50F so it seems that their is some cooling taking place. Thanks for you interest. Al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your email bounced. An error occurred while trying to deliver the mail: mailbox not found.

But the freezer section is perfect?

Do you hear the fan running in the refrigerator section?

I located a service bulletin for this model for certain serial numbers--->Serial Numbers: K600*- K740*

What is the serial number of your refrigerator?

Jake

Brooklin1

Premium Member
Refrigerator is running quietly & I can feel low volume air being discharged through the various vents.
Serial #K71718806.
Lowest refrigerator interior temp. reached today 51F. & constant.
Thanks. Al

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Al!

This service bulletin is active for your model and serial number:
It's very extensive, you will need to take some time to go through everything it says to check for.

This member had the exact same problem:

Jake