• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Refrigerator KRFC704FPS04 Ice Maker Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCM

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFC704FPS04
Brand
KitchenAid
13 months old. Ice maker suddenly stopped producing ice. The tray is not filling. Test 120 shows FA - all steps successfully Passed. Test 97 results in a click, humming, then displays FF. Water does not fill. Tried test 66 (fill tube heater test). A single try of 15 minutes did not fix the flow, but after trying 3 additional 15 minutes intervals of the heater tube test, the water started to flow when I tried test 97 again. Ice maker worked for one tray of ice, then stopped again. I'm guessing the fill tube keeps freezing up. Possibly a bad heating element on the fill tube. Does this sound correct?

If it is a bad heating element on the fill tube, I'm having trouble figuring out the correct part number for a KRFC704FPS04. I have found different sites listing W11401679, W11366500, and W11230096. I am unsure which is the correct part for the fill tube with heater.

Any help is appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Ohm out Fill Tube Heater Wire (53Ω-61Ω). If out of range Fill Tube with Heater Kit will need to be installed. Activate Test # 66 again and check the voltage at the terminal in the Ice Maker housing for 12 VDC. This is to confirm operation of the control.

Reactions: DCM

DCM

Premium Member
12 VDC confirmed at terminal. No resistance on the heater wire. I guess it has a break somewhere. When it thawed before, it must just have been due to the length of time it was exposed to ambient temperture, becasue the heater sure wasn't doing anything. Part ordered. Thank you.

DCM

Premium Member
FIXED. I have a bin full of ice. I will mention the old hose was extremely difficult to remove. It seemed to have some kind of adhesive keeping in in place within the door. The new hose went in easily. Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.