• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KRFF300EWH01 ice maker issue with arm

all1word

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF300EWH01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello and thanks for reading this.

We have this fridge (french door fridges with freezer chest that has the ice maker -- it's pretty standard fridge/freezer).

Had issues where it was making ice sporadically. Replaced the ice maker.

Still had the issue, though it was slightly better. Then I realized it was the arm (which wasn't replaced -- just took it off the old one).

It will make ice... then the arm will slowly come down... the only problem is that it will never rest completely against the ice maker (like at 6 o'clock on a clock. It will get to 5 o'clock).

If I reach in there and push the arm to 6, then I hear the water cycle in and it starts making ice. (When I push arm from 5 to 6, it offers no resistance).

So is it possible / most likely that the arm got slightly bent b/c kids have shoved ice cream in the ice bucket tray? It seems it has to be the arm since have had same issue with old and new ice maker.

Also, is it easy to replace arm while the ice maker's still in freezer or do I need to take ice maker out?

thx again. This has kind of become an obsession with me.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Lift the bar to the off position. Take the back out first, on the fill cup. That makes it easier to get the end in the power module out. Inspect it to see if it's bent.
whirlpool-arm-im-shut-wpw10474785-ap6021997_02_l.jpg