• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Refrigerator KRFF507ESS01 Not making ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Meier

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF507ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello and Happy Mothers Day to all.

Our fridge stopped making ice. Temp gauge in all compartments shows temp is good. Water supply to front dispenser works good. Water tray appears to be dry.
After doing most of the service tests, all systems check and sound normal, except test #45. During that test, there is only a clicking noise but no water sound. Is this telling me the water line is frozen and I need the water line heater? Test #19 says the heater is on, too.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Service Test - 19: Ice Maker Fill Tube and Fascia Heater Status
--->Control the ice maker fill tube heater and fascia heater by selecting SW3 (toggle between ON and OFF), (01 = ON, 02 = OFF).

You can take a voltage reading from P2-6 to P1-2 on your main control board, which is located in the very back exterior wall, and see if you get 115 to 120 volts when the fill tube heater is toggled to 01 = ON

If you get no voltage then the main control board is the problem.

Here's the main control board for your model: W10843055

If you do get the correct volts then that fill tube heater is bad.

Here's the photo of it, click the photo and it will take you to RepairClinic and it shows you how to replace it per their video.

Jake

Joey Meier

Premium Member
Checked voltage between these 2 wires. Had 4.5 VAC in OFF and 6.0 VAC when ON. Need a Main Control Board?

Attachments

• Fridge pic_LI.jpg
    Fridge pic_LI.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 23

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, (VAC) AC volts.

Checked voltage between these 2 wires. Had 4.5 VAC in OFF and 6.0 VAC when ON. Need a Main Control Board?
Yes, you will need the new control board I posted above in post #2.

Jake

Joey Meier

Premium Member
Jake, Thank you so much for all the assistance in the diagnosis. Do you have any thoughts on the length of backorder if I order this part from ApplianceParts Pros?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No Joey, Unfortunately not, sorry.

Jake

Joey Meier

Premium Member
I found a board and installed it today. I'm reading the board with the plugs installed and test #19 on =6 volts, off = 4 volts. The exact same as previous board.
Am I testing it correctly? Taking my reading from the back of the plug with it installed. see picture. Thanks

Attachments

• Fridge pic_LI.jpg
    Fridge pic_LI.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 19

Joey Meier

Premium Member
Jake. I'm finding some conflicting information regarding the board information for our unit . My Control Board is a W10774171. The board you recommended is

W10843055. Are they compatible ? I feel like Im chasing ghosts.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
P2-6 is the RED wire, its on the other end next to the pink wire. P1-2 is correct WHITE/BLACK wire

Here's your tech data sheet:

Attachments

• W10832298-RevA.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 21

Joey Meier

Premium Member
P2-6 is the RED wire, its on the other end next to the pink wire. P1-2 is correct WHITE/BLACK wire

Here's your tech data sheet:
YO, Jake !.. We making ice again ! Tested the CORRECT wires and replaced the heater. Less than 18 hours later and we have a full bin of ice. I even know its a full bin cause i checked via the Bin Level test. Thank for all the support. I just wish this refrigerator had better reliability

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Joey, glad to hear the new fill tub heater I posted in post #2 fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.