• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid Refrigerator KRFF507HPS00 shutting down

Homebuilder

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF507HPS00
Brand
KitchenAid
in the middle of the night, my fridge decided to shut down. it had po on the panel, and I confirmed it. when confirmed, all the lights come back on and it functions for a brief moment, then shuts back down with po being displayed on the front. If I have either the freezer door, or the refrigerator doors open, it will not shut down. It only shuts down with all of the doors and freezer drawer closed. Any ideas on this? it is only 2 and a half years old.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located another thread almost identical to your problem:
I disconnected the power at the ceiling wire harness. Everything seems to be working now. Except I need to test/replace the Ceiling LED Wire Harness.

Here's the wire harness for your model:

Jake

Homebuilder

Premium Member
Just for the heck of it, I decided to power the refrigerator back on yesterday afternoon. It has had the breaker to it turned off for at least 2 days. More than 18 hours later, it is still operating as it should. It is running quietly, it made ice, the refrigerator and freezer are at good temps, and everything works as it should. What the heck??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually its a bad main control board when it does that, when you reboot(unplug the refrigerator) for 5 minutes or longer and starts working fine again after you plug it back in, 99 out of 100 times its a faulty main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model: W11224256

Jake

dadofnine

Premium Member
Hello, I have a KitchenAid frig that is experiencing the same issues. PO every five minutes. Was your issue resolved, if so how?

Homebuilder

Premium Member
I unplugged the wire harness that goes to the 4 lights on the ceiling of the fridge, and it has operated fine for the past month and a half. I haven't tried replacing the lights and associated harness yet.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.