• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KRMF706EBS01 No Ice, Test 6 is #3

cbierbaum

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706EBS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Melted (hair dryer) a large block of ice off of the FC condenser upper left side b/c freezer and fridge were warm about a week ago.

Fridge worked for a few days making ice but now no ice and fridge is 38d/f and freezer is 5d/f. Test 77 is #1 and Test 6 is #3.

When I run test 3 I can hear crackling like ice melting, have run this a couple of times until it times out hoping it would help.

Thinking it may be the FC fan harness (W11249952) which I can get locally but wanted some guidance b/f I took everything apart again and purchased the part.
Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. Your tech. data sheet should be located underneath the right side refrigerator door hinge cover.

Service Test - 6 Defrost Heater/Bimetal/Sensor
--->Switch on the defrost heater, wait 0.5 seconds and read the status of bimetal/sensor. Display will be blank until a valid reading is displayed (01 = Bimetal Closed/Sensor Short, 02 = Bimetal Open/Sensor Open, 03 = Pass (only in case a defrost sensor is present)

Test 3 is the RC(refrigerator compartment) and FC(freezer compartment) fan motors, they should be running in that test.
When I run test 3 I can hear crackling like ice melting, have run this a couple of times until it times out hoping it would help.
Service Test - 3 Evaporator fan motor and air baffle motor
--->Control the RC & FC Evaporator Fan Mtrs. by depressing SW3 (01 = Both Fan Mtr. OFF, 02 = FC Fan ON).
--->Depress SW3 once to advance. Step 3 will flash quickly and advances to steps 13/23 very quickly.
The result is RC Fan on, Pantry Air Damper on. Pantry Air Damper will open and close automatically. (13 = Damper Open, 23 = Damper Closed. Verify air flow inside pantry on left hand side when damper is open, 912 displayed). Air flow in pantry will cease when 23 is displayed.
--->Depress SW3 to advance to last step. (04 = Both RC & FC fans on).

Service Test - 77 Defrost Thermistor
--->The board will check the resistance value of the thermistor and display (01 = PASS, 02 = OPEN, 03 = SHORT).

Also, the evaporator coil is the cooling coil, then condenser coil is the warm coil on the outside of the refrigerator where the condenser fan motor is located near the compressor.

Jake

Attachments

• W10844356-RevA.pdf
    516.1 KB · Views: 32

cbierbaum

Premium Member
#3 and #77 seem to be working correctly. #3 I can feel air flow and #77 is 1.
# 56 Is E2 and I can't get #57 or #59 to complete.
Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then its a problem with the ice maker, contact the place where you got it from and let them know, and they should be able to send another new one.

Here's the ice maker for your model: W11294907 Icemaker

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.