• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KRMF706ESS00 lights, ice maker, selector drawer not working

Akawad47

Model Number
KRMF706ESS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all - hoping you can point me in the right direction. KRMF706ESS00 that's around 5 years old.
The lights in our fridge stopped working yesterday. The ice maker will spin, but isn't making ice. Water in door works. From what I read initially, this could just be a faulty door switch.
But - the left drawer control panel hasn't been working for the last year. Is it a totally unrelated control panel issue, or could these issues all be related?
Any thoughts would be a big help.

SMY

Premium Member
From what I have read, there is some belief that a shorted Pantry UI control board can cause other problems with lights, Ice maker, etc... Suggest unplugging the wire harness to the pantry door UI and if that is the case those problems should go away.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, @SMY is correct.

Remove the wire connector from the Pantry UI Board.

Here it is for your model:
User Control and Display Board WPW10769076

Its in-stock here: WPW10769076

For others following this thread--->There is a video in the part link that shows you how to remove it to check for spillage underneath it, ALSO remove the wires that go to it and see if all those problems go away.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Also look here:

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall and disconnect all the wires from the Aurora LED Board and see if everything goes back to normal.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.