• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Refrigerator KRMF706ESS01 ceiling lights dim

Status
Not open for further replies.

sip1979

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
all 5 LED on the ceiling of the fridge are dim. I went through the pain of replacing the freezer LED light (after reading some threads where people were aloe to address this issue) and it didn't solve the problem. Ive also replaced the LED module at the back of the fridge and that didn't;t seem to work either. I'm looking for some other suggestions. All other LEDE lights are bright (drawers, side panels, etc.) just the 5 LED on the top panel are dim. Door switches are fine

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Was the freezer LED out before you replaced it?

Yes, the Freezer LED runs in series with the top ceiling LED's in the refrigerator section, but you only replace the freezer LED if that is completely out as well.:)

Ive also replaced the LED module at the back of the fridge
You mean you pulled the refrigerator out from the wall and replaced the LED Board itself?

Usually when the top ceiling ones are out or dim in the refrigerator section and the freezer LED is working, then the problem is the LEFT TOP FRONT/BACK one in the refrigerator section.

Here's the LEFT TOP FRONT/BACK one in the refrigerator section:
LED Light W11462342

Watch this video below and you will see the LEFT TOP FRONT one in the refrigerator section completely out and the others strobing.

sip1979

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. I did a bit more trouble shooting and got the issue resolved. I had one spare single LED light fixture and after several swaps it ended up being that the top back LED was bad and causing the rest of 4 ceiling LEDs to be dim.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent sip1979, glad to hear that fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.