• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KRMF706ESS01 - Freezer frozen shut water on floor

fcali

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi,

I have a kitchenaid 5 drawer that is having lots of problems. The other day I found water under the fridge and noticed ice on the bottom of the freezer drawer. Now the freezer drawer is frozen shut. the Freezer hasn't been cooling properly at times and is making ice cubes very slowly. The refrigerator compartment seems to be holding temperature just fine.

I do not see any water or ice under the refrigerator drawers, only the freezer. I looked at the coils behind the refrigerator drawer through the slats and I don't see any ice build up on the areas I can see.

Any advice as to what I check next?

thanks!

-FC

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Attachments

• Service flash frost in freezer.pdf
    287.1 KB · Views: 42

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Let us know how it goes. Make sure to use all the parts in the kit. Make sure you get all the parts in the kit.

fan kit.jpg

fcali

Premium Member
After 21 hours of defrosting I was finally able to get into the freezer. I found the entire bottom covered with a thick layer of ice that had frozen to the drawer bottom locking the door shut. The part I received had a gasket torn in multiple places so I am waiting for a replacement to be sent. I still see water slowly running from behind the back panel of the freezer on the right hand side like something is still melting back there.

fcali

Premium Member
I've got it all cleaned up and the flow of water finally stopped. In the picture I am pointing to where the water was running down.
20211117_162156.jpg

fcali

Premium Member
that is the inside of the freezer. I had to remove all the freezer drawers in order to get rid of the water that was everywhere

fcali

Premium Member
I agree. I've been waiting 6 months for the repair company to fix under ext warranty until i just gave up and decided to start looking on my own with this sites help. I am still waiting on the replacement part for fan but after cleaning everything up and plugging back in I don't see water anywhere in the last 20 hours.