• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Refrigerator KRSC503ESS00 no water to ice maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbroderson

Premium Member
Model Number
KRSC503ESS00
Brand
KitchenAid
My two door KitchenAid frequently dumps water from the front after the bottom after the bottom of the refrigerator side overflows. The water valve was making a loud screeching noise every time it went to fill the ice tray. About three months ago it stopped making ice altogether. A couple of weeks ago, the inlet valve started leaking and did a nice job on my hardwood and basement underneath.

I ordered a replacement valve (WPW10238100) and also a new ice maker as it seemed like it was contorted. After installation, thple leak stopped but the valve wouldn't supply water. No ice. I found this forum which lead me to the troubleshooting guide. Down the path of 2b.

Path 2b – No Water to IM Only Check IM Water Line 1) Remove the front grill. 2) Disconnect the ¼” JG connector feeding the IM. 3) Run Service Diagnostic Step 45 and verify the ¼” tube dispenses water. 4) If water is dispensed, the line may be kinked in the conduit inside the door or the IM water inlet tube may be frozen. 5) If no water is dispensed, check for 120VAC during Diagnostic Step 45. If 120VAC is present, replace IM Water Valve. 6) If no water is dispensed, check for 120VAC during Diagnostic Step 45. If 120VAC is not present, check for loose connections and 120VAC at the UI Core Control Board. Secure any loose connections. If 120VAC is not present at the UI Core Control Board, replace the board.

I put a multimeter on the detached plug to the inlet valve and ran diagnostic step 45 and didn't have any voltage. It's pretty clear that the next step is to replace the control board but thought I'd make sure I'm not missing something as that runs $250. Any other things to check? Am I running the diagnostic correctly? I just step down to 45 and it flashes a 01 without anything happening. In the image you can see the red connector to the valve which is where I tested the voltage during the diagnostic.

If I do need to replace the board, can someone confirm that this is it

KitchenAid KRSC503ESS00 Compressor Control Board - Genuine OEM

$215.89

Attachments

• IMG-0465.jpg
    IMG-0465.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 43

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
But first, check your wire harness under the freezer door and see if you have any cut wires preventing 120 volts going to the ice maker side(smaller diameter hose) of your dual water water inlet valve. Many people have had this issue.

Look at posts #2 through #7 here:
Remove your bottom kickplate grille, You HAVE TO REMOVE the black wire harness LOOM too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rbroderson

Premium Member
Thanks, it was staring me right in the face. I'll patch the wires and see what happens. True story, my eye sight was gotten worse this past year from having to work remotely without my normal setup. Had a hard time seeing it even with readers.

Attachments

• IMG-0466.jpg
    IMG-0466.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 65

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
BINGO! You found the broken wires, good job.(y)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.