• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KRSC503ESS01 Ice Maker Problems

sservantez

Model Number
KRSC503ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
For the past few months my ice maker has just occasionally decided it’s time to stop making ice. Each time, I’ve checked the light sensor and pulled it apart to see if I can spot any type of mechanical problem or bad wire. Each time after reassembling (sometimes it’s taken a few repeated attempts at this) it decides that it’s ok to resume making ice and chugs happily along for several more weeks before repeating.

I’m getting tired of this cat & mouse game so looking to try to identify what part might be causing this so that I can replace it. I thought of replacing the ice maker unit itself, but I’m not certain that’s where the problem lies.

I just ran a diagnostic check (since it’s now in a period where it’s decided to stop making ice for the past few days) and did the harvest cycle (Test #44) and get a result of 22. I believe this states that the harvest switch is set to OFF and that the ice bucket is empty. The ice bucket is in fact empty (thank you KitchenAid), but the door switch is most definitely set to ON.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member