• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid Refrigerator KRSC503ESS01 not making ice

jpaul34

Premium Member
Model Number
KRSC503ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
kitchenaid KRSC503ESS01 not making ice

The freezer is peaking to 20+ degrees every few days. Jake told me it was probably the control board, so when the Whirlpool/KA tech came out I showed him my temperature graphs and Jake's post and he agreed and ordered the part. It hasn't been installed yet.

Now the ice maker is not working. Looking at other posts, I tried STEP 44 and STEP 45

STEP 44 - "12" for 8 seconds or so then switches to "23"
STEP 45 - "01" blinking, nothing happens

Any help/direction would be appreciated. Wondering if I should wait to see if the control board fixes the issue or if this is something else.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its way too warm in the freezer for the ice maker to continually keep working.

So you will need to wait till the new control board is installed, because the freezer temperature needs to be 0 degrees and no more than 10 degrees for the ice maker to work properly.

Jake

jpaul34

Premium Member
Ok, the ice maker has been working this entire time (the freezer has been doing this for a few months), so it's odd to me that it would suddenly stop working under the same conditions.

Attachments

• IMG_9543.PNG
    IMG_9543.PNG
    413.3 KB · Views: 22

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It needs to be under 10 degrees at ALL times.:)

Jake

jpaul34

Premium Member
You're the expert, but this freezer has been making ice despite these temperatures spiking to 20+ every few days for the last few months.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I know that, but you can't expect it to going like that when its spiking to 20+ every few days for the last few months.

Now, if the temp. stayed at 10 or lower at ALL times, then we could troubleshoot it much better.

Jake