• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Refrigerator KRSF505ESS01 water dispenser dripping

MystryAchvmnt

Premium Member
Model Number
KRSF505ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I really don’t like the KitchenAid Refrigerator model KRSF505ESS01. First the wire to the ice dispenser broke rendering it useless. Now water drips from the water dispenser. It’s only a little bit at a time but it’s enough to overflow the drip pan overnight. Based on advice to forum members on similar issues, I replaced both the water inlet valve (part# W10498992) and inlet valve (part# W10341320 but it still drips. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
W10498992 changes over to WPW10238100
W10341320 changes over to WPW10341320

Here's the single(primary) water inlet valve for your model:
WPW10238100 Valve

Here's the dual(secondary) water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve WPW10341320

Draw 10 full glasses of water from the water dispenser to get the air out, if that doesn't solve it, disconnect the single(primary) water inlet valve that feeds into the dual(secondary) water inlet valve and get something to catch water in and see if it still drips, if not the your have a defective dual(secondary) water inlet valve. Contact the place where you got it from and ask them to send another new one.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also, if you haven't changed the water filter in over a year, its a good idea to replace that too.

Here's the water filter for your model:
EDR1RXD1 Water Filter

Jake

MystryAchvmnt

Premium Member
Thanks Jake - I will try this next weekend, however, my recollection is the line from the primary goes up into the fridge somewhere (to the filter I assume). So when you write "disconnect the single(primary) water inlet valve that feeds into the dual(secondary) water inlet valve", are you referring to that return line? Also, where should I look to see if it still drips? Drips from the line I pulled out or drips from the secondary filter where the line was disconnected?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm referring to the single(primary) water inlet valve tubing water line, just disconnect it from the single(primary) water inlet valve itself, underneath the solenoid.

When you click the part link I posted in post #2 to the single(primary) water inlet valve, you will see a video of how you push in that blue snap ring that releases it.

If it drips continually from that single(primary) water inlet valve, then that's the bad part.

Jake

MystryAchvmnt

Premium Member
Turned out even after I replaced the parts, the dripping did not stop. Once I changed out the filter, it did stop. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.