• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KRSF505ESS01 wiring harness

MystryAchvmnt

Premium Member
Model Number
KRSF505ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
As documented in this thread:
I took the excellent advice provided and spliced a broken wire to get my auger to turn. Well, the wire leading to the ice auger motor broke in 2. Again. This time, I cannot splice it back together due to where it broke (above where the freezer door hinge is). I just want to replace the whole thing.

Can anyone tell me what part I need? I've looked at the diagrams on one of the parts sponsor sites and I am just not sure what I need. Also, are there directions available on how to take the fridge door apart to replace the harness? Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The liner and wire harness is foamed in the door and can’t be replaced (bad design). If you can’t figure a way to fix the wire you’ll need to replace the door. I know, it’s ridicules, $1300 for a broken wire.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
You can see what one person had to do on an upright freezer with similar problem in this previous forum message. It's not a job for most people and who knows how it will look afterward.

The real solution is to replace the whole door panel. :(

Dan O.

MystryAchvmnt

Premium Member
Thanks for the replies Rick and Dan.

Wow. That's crazy. Those wires are in a terrible spot and the others appear that they will eventually fail too with the opening and closing of the door over time.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Those wires are in a terrible spot and the others appear that they will eventually fail too with the opening and closing of the door over time.

Most often they break on the outside where they can usually be repaired.

I think the manufacturers are more concerned about how fast they can assemble the appliance than the need for service afterward.

Good luck!

Dan O.

MystryAchvmnt

Premium Member
It would be easier to try to fix this if I could remove the door to work on the wires - any idea if this is close to what needs to be done?

The door definitely doesn't look like the one in the video.