• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KSCS25FVMS02 - no water or ice

skiptop

Premium Member
Model Number
KSCS25FVMS02
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a KitchenAid KSCS25FVMS02, approximately 12 years old, side by side freezer and refrigerator, with water and ice on the door. Replaced the water filter about 3 weeks ago, water flow and ice making were good. Yesterday water & ice stopped coming through. Tried another new filter still no flow. Checked water flow at supply line - good pressure. Pulled out the filter and then water comes out fine (although there is a slight trickle where the filter should be plugged in). I've always replaced the filter (water stops flowing when meter shows 0%). I checked the reservoir behind the crisper and that's not frozen. Any suggestions on what else to check? Is there anything on the water filter housing that could be blocking the filter? I can try another new filter but seems unlikely to have one go bad when it was working fine and then put another new one in and that doesn't work as well.

Robert4

Premium Member
What brand of water filter are you using?

When you bypass the water filter by removing it, the water filter housing shouldn't leak. Check to see if an O-ring from the filter might have come off and is stuck in the water filter housing.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the water filter housing for your model:
WPW10121140 Water Filter Housing

This video below gives you the general idea of how to remove and replace it:

Jake