• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Refrigerator KSCS25INSS00 water puddle under main door

scubaguy

Premium Member
Model Number
KSCS25INSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I have refrigerator KSCS25INSS00 (approx 15 yrs old) and I recently noted a small amount of water under the bottom kick plate by the main door. I wiped it up but the water appeared approx 1 hour later. I looked under the frig but saw no leak. I turned the water supply to the ice/water dispenser and there is no longer a puddle so I assume the leak is in the supply line. The refrigerator /freezer works fine. What are my next steps?
TY

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I turned the water supply to the ice/water dispenser and there is no longer a puddle so I assume the leak is in the supply line.
You turned the water supply line OFF and the leak stopped?

If so, yes check for a leak where your water supply line connects to the water inlet valve.

Jake

scubaguy

Premium Member
I pulled the frig out and there was a leak in the plastic 1/4 inch hose form the supply hose to the main water supply. the leak was at the site where the hose enters the back of the unit. It seems the edge of the metal back cut a hole in the plastic. I purchased a 1/4 inch union from the local hardware store and attached with ferrules. The hose is brittle so cannot bend it to attach to the clip that secures it to the back of the unit. NO more leak and working perfectly. Thanks again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member